Design Experiences since 2003
Mirror grew up in Taiwan and moved to New Zealand when she was offered a scholarship in digital media. She is deeply passionate about all things to do with art and is known for her creative ability and smiley personality. She has been also aiming to balance between visual art and commercial relations with her skills and experiences.
Mirror has extensive experience in the area of Digital Design, doing things such as graphic design, animation, film and web design(UI & UX). She has also produced the special effects and animation on a small film, which made its way to 5 film festivals all over the world; TaiwanCineFest Film Festival, Creative Arts Film Festival, World Arts Film Festival, and Big Mini Media Festival just to name a few. Because of her success, Mirror won an award for her directing. She is always looking at inspiration for her new film.
Fully qualified with design experience since 2003, Mirror has also completed a qualification in Graphic Art and Communication (Graphic Design, Website Design, Photography, Video, Animation) in Taiwan, as well as a Certificate of Game and Animation from a Korean University. From there, Mirror gained a scholarship for Digital Design in Taiwan, and one year of studying and training in both Australia and New Zealand. In Australia, Mirror achieved a Certificate of Cinemation from the Gordon Institute in Australia. Then on top of all that, Mirror also completed a Certificate in Animation and Visual Effect at AUT.
Having been involved in the design industry for so long, Mirror loves keeping up to date on trends, and passing these on to her clients. So she always keep on learning and exploring.
Mirror loves working in the design industry as she enjoys how different each project is. The main inspiration for her design is anything innovative. Mirror believes that the key to great design is having clear message delivery, and a great first impression.
Understanding that communication is a large part of her job, Mirror strives to get a clear idea of what the client wants so as to fulfil their expectations. While preference will always be different between people, this can always be worked on with great communication.
When asked what she would recommend to someone looking at getting a design, Mirror says “an open mind is always helpful; to discuss and listen to a professionals advice as much as you can before you start. Also make sure you outline your needs and preferences at the start so a great pre-production meeting can ensure a successful end result from the get-go.”
She is always looking at inspiration for new opportunities! As she always says – Let’s keep moving forward.
( Original editorial by Sarah Gleeson )
- Production Designer | SHOWCASE8 Digital, NZ (2017)
- Brand Manager | GOLDHAWK Properties, NZ (Jan 2015 – Jan 2016)
- Lead Designer | Zeald, NZ (Oct 2011 – Oct 2014)
- Freelance Designer | Grand Creative, 99 Ad , Sugar Ad, Goodlife Production, Images & Sounds, Rascals.
- Senior Designer | Times House Digital (Nov 2010 – Oct 2011)
- Senior Designer | Digital Partners (Jun 2008 – Oct 2010)
- 3D Artist | La luna Studios (March 2006 – May 2008)
- Digital Designer | 21 Imagetech Ltd, Taiwan (2003 – 2005)
- Digital Intern | Eastern Television (ETTV), Taiwan (2003)
- Bachelor of Engineering – Graphic Art and Communication, NTNU, Taiwan.
- Certificate of Game Design in Sejong University, Korea
- Got Scholarship of Art & Design Elite, Digital Media from Taiwan.
- Certificate of Cinemation in Gordon Institute, Geelong, Australia
- Certificate of Animation and Special Effect in AUT, New Zealand
- Tutored by Grant Major – Production Designer form King Kong.
- Interior Designer | The Interior Design Institute (2017)
- 200 Hours Yoga Teacher Training for Integrated Yoga| Kawai Purapura Yoga Centre (2016)
- Pilates Instructor Training for Pilates Mat Basics | NZ Pilates Studio (2016)
- Image Consultant | IAP Career College (2015)
Experiences with Storytelling, Storyboard, Art Direction, Filming, Editing, Special Effect, Animation, etc.
A few Film Experiences:
- The Shannara Chronicles Filming Stunts (2017)
- AON NZ Cyber Risk Promo Video (2016)
- NZ Tourism TVC Filming Extra (2016)
- Filming with Auckland City Council & NZ Police (2014)
- Rugby World Cup footages used by TV ONE Film (2014)
- Filming with Pacific Mermaid (2014)
- Yates Australia TVC Storyboard (2013)
- Filming with Auckland University (2010)
- Casey Williams for Southern Cross & Netball NZ (2009)
- PANDORA Jewellery (2009)
- New Zealand Fashion Week Opening (2008)
- MAC Cosmetics (2008)
- SMASHBOX Cosmetics (2008)
- TEBE Skincare (2008)
- Richard Kavanagh Hair Stylist (2008)
- Kevin Murphy Hair Stylist (2008)
- Juliette Hogan Fashion Designer (2007)
- Emma Ford Swimwear (2007)
- Suzanne Paul (2007)
- TVNZ Green Screen Filming (2005)
- Kelly Park Film Village Intern (2005)
- Motion Capture System (2003)
Body & Home
Yoga & Interior Design
After 10 years dealing with Commercial Clients, Mirror realised she has been asked to help on Interior Design for clients’ Retail or Office. She decided to study Interior Design and extend her skills and knowledges, so she can be responsible to deliver the best advice.
Apart from her casual drawing and painting, Mirror is so into dance movement cause she used to study in Dancing Primary School in Taiwan, and so far she has done lots art projects with Body Expression. In order to take on higher vision, she completed Yoga & Pilates Instructor Training and became an Certified Yoga Teacher. And now she put all her creative artworks together with Yoga techniques (Physical Body & Mind Relaxation) for her Artworks & Dancing.
2011 RUGBY WORLD CUP
Mirror’s footages were proudly selected the by production team for Telemovie ‘ THE KICK ‘ for All Blacks‘ Stephen Donald and screened on TV ONE. The Kick is the story of Stephen Donald, the highs and lows of his All Black career and that kick he slotted to ensure New Zealand won the Rugby World Cup in 2011…..
THE EASTER WONDERLAND.
2012 EASTER PRODUCTION
- Proudly nominated the TOP 10 of the NEW TALENT SHOWCASE of TaiwanCinefest Film Festival in Europe!
The video had screenings in Paris, London, New York and Los Angels!
- Nominated in Best Music Video from OneCloudFest Film Festival
- Nominated in Best Short Film from We Like ‘Em Short Film Festival
- Selected to be screened in Big Mini Media Festival
- Selected to be screened in Creative Arts Film Festival
- Final Selection of Best Music Video from OneCloudFest Film Festival
- Selected to be screened in World Arts Film Festival.
TAIWAN 100 HAPPINESS.
BEST DIRECTOR AWARD
(2010 Global Video Contest host by Overseas Compatriot Affairs Commission, Taiwan)
A Video Production to celebrate Taiwan’s 100th anniversary, a production from New Zealand Taiwanese.
It is a meaningful project to express Positive Spirit, Beautiful Mind, Great Lifestyle, and New Zealand’s Purity to Asia.
Mirror has been helping us with our marketing, advertising, digital works, and website. She delivers quality works productively and efficiently. I enjoy working with Mirror and will highly recommend her to other clients.
I have been working with Mirror for the past few years, and she makes my life much easier because she is not just a designer but also comes up with ideas and solutions. Sometimes it is very difficult to talk with designer but Mirror is very open to exchanging ideas. Whenever I receive new artworks for my company, they make me smile because Mirror’s artwork always go beyond my expectation. It is very sophisticated yet very unique and different.
Mirror is an exceptional talented artist. She is not like any other artist, she is one of a kind as she has a wide range of artistic skills from 2D and 3D skills to still and moving images. In addition she is also an art director, so she can take any project from the initial idea to the final production.
Mirror is a very creative and yet extremely organised artist. She can not be defined as a designer only, she is a full package. Her extensive knowledge and experiences has assisted us from the beginning of branding concept right through to all creation of visual materials,website, digital marketing and much more. I found Mirror has a great talent of accurately transforming thoughts into visual work. Her work have always exceed our expectations. Apart from her expertise, I found Mirror is a great person to deal with. She is very passionate with her work, and her spirit and positive attitude had made the whole experience very pleasant and exciting. We will be continually working with Mirror and no doubt to recommend her to other businesses.
A few Brands I have contributed to
Event Clients Experiences @ Premiere Events
Fashion Clients Experiences @ FashioNZ
Beauty Clients Experiences @ BeautyBible